Singapore’s very own giant pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia are moving to their new home at the Giant Panda Forest in the soon-to-be opened River Safari, Singpore!
The Giant Panda Forest is located in the Yangtze River zone in the River Safari, this 1500m2state-of-the-art biodome was specially designed and landscaped to simulate the pandas’ natural habitat in the rugged highlands of China. It is one of the key highlights of the River Safari, which is Asia’s first and only river-themed wildlife park. The park is only scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2013, but the panda exhibit will be open to the public from November 29, 2012 so that visitors can enjoy a special sneak preview of the dangerously adorable pandas.
Some facts & features about the new Giant Panda Forest:
1) This exhibit is the largest of its kind in Southeast Asia, covering an area roughly the size of an Olympic swimming pool.
2) The roof is constructed with double pane glass alternated with insulated metal, which allows in lots of sunlight.
3) Apart from Kai Kai and Jia Jia, the biodome will also be home to the golden pheasants and red panda exhibits.
4) The temperature is climate-controlled, and set between 18° to 22°C, with humidity at 50-60%, to ensure the comfort of the animals.
5) It will feature plenty of lush greenery, boulders and water features to mimic the bears’ natural habitat.
Where: River Safari, located between Night Safari and Singapore Zoo.
Ticketing: Tickets to the giant panda exhibit will be on sale daily from 8.30am starting 29 November. These tickets can be purchased at Singapore Zoo’s ticketing counters and are valid only on the day of purchase. Tickets are on a first-come-first-served basis to accommodate an optimum number of visitors in the Giant Panda Forest at any one time.
Visitors will be able to enter the Giant Panda Forest from a specially-created access point in Singapore Zoo. Those planning to meet Kai Kai and Jia Jia at the Giant Panda Forest can do so by purchasing a Singapore Zoo admission ticket* and a top-up fee of $5.00 per adult or $3.00 per child (3 to 12 years old).
You can find out more here.
The Giant Panda Forest will definitely be an eye-opening experience, so don’t miss it!
If you’re planning to come to Singapore for the exhibit, do book a stay with us at Capri by Fraser, Changi City Singapore.
CHANGI CITY / SINGAPORE
Our lives today are a blur. Working, relaxing and socialising are impossible to distinguish. We are constantly connected. Always on the move. And when we’re away from home, we seek a comfy, functional space that seamlessly meets our individual business and leisure needs. Welcome to a new concept in hospitality. Capri by Fraser.
YOUR SPACE IN SINGAPORE
With 313 spacious studios with kitchenettes, and the smartest facilities designed around your lifestyle, Capri by Fraser in Singapore is ideally located just moments from Expo and 5-minutes from Changi Airport.
SPACES AND FACILITIES
- 313 studios, all with kitchenettes
- Fully-equipped gym overlooking the pool
- Steam Room & Sauna
- Spa Suite with ofuro-style private baths and TVs
- Boardroom with touchscreen capabilities (up to 10 pax) / Function Room (up to 40 pax)
- All-day Dining / Deli in the lobby space for fresh meals, lunch boxes and TV dinners
- Poolside & Lobby Bars
- Laundrettes equipped with Xbox Kinect, Wii etc on every floor
- Large undercover car park
So BOOK a stay with us today and be amongst the first few to catch Kai Kai and Jia Jia in their new home!